Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Use the Yale Shuttle- For Free!

Another busy week almost over with!  Being a senior in college is a lot of work!  I feel like in movies they make it seem like all you do is hang out with friends and relax but I feel like I’m running around non-stop.  I’ve been feeling stressed out lately because I have zero time for myself but I was happy when I had my weekly Resident Assistant meeting on Tuesday night.  Justin Cirisoli, the Resident Director announced who had one “Program of the Month,” and my co-RA, Alex, and I won!! Program of the month essentially means that you have chosen to do a “fun” event of your own choice and implement it.  You can really choose whatever you want to do. Alex and I did “Latino Night” and when Justin announced that we won we were pretty surprised.  It just goes to show that even if you are having a good or bad week, people do notice your hard work!

Even though I am really involved on campus, I still do have a job off campus.  I work at Abercrombie & Fitch at the Milford Post Mall.  It’s about 20 minutes away and I do have a car on campus so that’s how I am able to get to work.  One great thing about Albertus is that you can have a car on campus during your freshmen year (and no, you don’t have to pay any additional fees!)  I know of a lot of schools that don’t allow you to have a car on campus your freshmen year, but here at Albertus we do.  This is a plus because you can take a trip to Downtown New Haven to enjoy the shops, the New Haven Green or even go clubbing.  Don’t have a car?  No worries!  You can hop onto the Yale Shuttle which picks you up right in front of the campus (near Rosary Hall, the library.)  This is convenient for those who don’t have cars to use;  all you have to do is show your Albertus ID and they’ll let you on for free!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment