Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Lyman Orchards

On October 13th, my mom and I went to Lyman Orchards, a local golfing course located in Middlefield, CT. Lyman Orchards is a popular festive place to go during the fall.  They have a store open year round that sells various pies, donuts, apple cider, sandwiches, and other delicious treats!  During the fall, they cut out a huge corn maze;  each year is a different theme.  This years theme was “Get Lost in the Rivalry:  Yankees & Redsox.”  Being an avid Yankee fan I was ecstatic to see that it was Yankees theme.  Admission was $10 for adults, $5 for children.  If you go, buy your tickets online at www.lymanorchards.com in order to receive a dollar off admission.  It took my mom and I about 40 minutes to find our way through the whole maze.  We went down so many dead ends and ended up going in circles, but it was a fun time.  There were different checkpoints throughout the maze.  Before you entered, you picked what questions you wanted to answer to help guide you through the maze.  The different categories were sports, Halloween, Yankees, Redsox, or tiny tots (meaning small vegetables, not the show Toddlers & Tiaras like I thought it would be!)  I chose Yankees while my mom chose Halloween.  At each check point you looked on the piece of paper to see what the question was.  If you chose the right question, it sent you either left or right.  I thought I would know most of the questions because I watch the Yankees frequently, however I only knew about 3 out of 10!  We finally made it out and headed over to the store and bought an apple crisp pie and tripleberry muffins.  If you’re looking for something festive to do to get yourself in the mood for fall, head over to Lyman Orchards.  A dollar of every ticket sold for the corn maze goes towards The American Cancer Society.  Last year, they earned over $30,000 to donate to the society.  Down the road is the driving range, as well as apple picking and a sunflower maze.




No comments:

Post a Comment