Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Diabetes Walk

On September 25th, for Residential Life, the RA’s and I walked for Diabetes in West Haven.  Once a semester the Resident Assistants do a walk to help find a cure for life threatening diseases.  Last year the Resident Assistants walked at Relay for Life at Southern Connecticut State University to help raise money to find the cure for cancer.  We all met up at 8:30 am (soooo early!) and headed over to West Haven Beach where the walk was being held.  The walk was near Jimmie’s of Savin Rock, a local restaurant spot in West Haven that has some awesome seafood.  It was really cold out- fall is here!  The walk went down the West Haven Beach boardwalk and was about 2 1/2- 3 miles long.  My ankle has been hurting me due to tennis so I was happy to make it through.  At the half way mark, volunteers handed us a flower and there was water, apples and Nature Valley bars.  We stopped for a moment and continued to go on.  Overall it was a great experience.  I have never walked for a cure before so it was nice to do this especially because my mom suffers from Type 2 Diabetes



No comments:

Post a Comment