Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pumpkin Painting Party




Today my residence hall put on the second floor function of the year.  My co-RA and I decided to do a pumpkin painting party.  We bought mini pumpkins and gathered in the McAuliffe Hall common room at 7 pm to start painting.  We had 15 residents come and a few other residents came in and out to see what was going on.  Some residents from other buildings even came!  We watched the movies "Hocus Pocus" as well as "Beetle Juice" while painting our pumpkins.  Students really got into it and made each of their pumpkins their own. I had advertised for the event at the beginning of the month by posting flyers, but I also made mini pumpkins out of construction paper and wrote a reminder about the event tonight.  I taped each of the pumpkins onto each residents door.  I think this definitely helped remind the residents of the event. I love Hello Kitty, so I decided to paint a Hello Kitty pumpkin!  I also painted the Resident Director, Justin Cirisoli a Chanel pumpkin.  He is into fashion and had asked me to make him a pumpkin so I thought that he would enjoy the Chanel pumpkin :).  About 45 minutes into the floor function, we had pizza delivered and also served soda for the residents to enjoy as well!  Overall, it was a great time and the residents got to take their mini pumpkins back to their room.  Hopefully their pumpkins put them in the Halloween/ fall spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment