Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

THIS THURSDAY!


This Thursday is the event 213 Days Until Graduation.  As the Senior Events Coordinator of Student Government Association, I am chairing this event.  To chair this event means that you are in charge of it- you make sure everyone comes to set up, clean up, and help throughout the event if need be.  You also have to go out and purchase items if you need any for the event.  The event this Thursday is for the seniors of the class of 2013.  I am beyond excited for this event!  I put a lot of hard work planning this event trying to think of what the seniors would enjoy doing at this event.  Headshots will be taken for the year book, there will be free pizza and wings, $1 beers all night and BINGO will be played!  The Albertus Magnus Admissions Office generously donated 10 t-shirts and 2 coffee mugs, while the Albertus Athletics Department donated 10 t-shirts, a folding chair and a couple of sweatsuits.  The Albertus Bookstore also donated a Albertus Magnus College Alumni hoodie- a essential for any graduating senior!  I also went out and bought various items that reminded me of the 90's and created a big 1990's basket.  Using items that were donated, as well as buying a few more items from the bookstore, I was able to make a few baskets to be used as big final prizes for Bingo, while the prizes for Bingo in the beginning will be various giftcards and a t-shirt.  I am trying really hard to get as many seniors to this event as possible!  In order to advertise, I have been posting all over Facebook and I made flyers of graduation caps and ended up cutting them out (how I didn't get carpal tunnel, I don't know but my hand hurt so much after!) and have been handing them out to seniors.  Hopefully a lot of seniors come and enjoy this event =)


No comments:

Post a Comment