Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Class Schedule


I just picked out my class schedule for the Spring 2013 semester and it's bittersweet! I'm so close to being done but it's a weird feeling at the same time.  I'm ready to move on and start my career, but I've made so many connections at Albertus that at the same time I don't want to leave yet!  I planned out my schedule this semester so that I would have to take requirements for my major, so that next semester, I would only really have to take electives.  I ended up signing up for Ceramics, Money and Banking, Computer Ethics, Career Prep, and Grant Writing- I only have to go class 3 days a week again!  The way Albertus works, which is much less stressful compared to bigger schools, is that we meet with an advisor who helps pick out our classes with us.  My advisor, Tim Raynor, who is head of the Business Department, literally helps me pick and choose what classes I need to take.  He tells me what I need to get done as a requirement in order to graduate, and I can then pick what electives I would like to take.  The next week after you have chosen your classes, there are specific days where you go online and register.  Day 1 is for seniors, day 2, juniors, day 3, sophomores and day 4, freshmen.  Even though you may feel like you won't get the courses you would like to get as a freshmen, you typically do get them because we are a small school and not everyone signs up for the course you want to take.  At other schools, such as state schools, my friends tell me about their process signing up for classes; having to wake up at 5 am just to pick the class they want!  This sounds crazy to me because your advisor here helps you pick and choose what you need to get done first.  As I soon enter my last semester at Albertus, I hope to make it a good one.  I will definitely miss it here, but because of the connections I've made here, hopefully I will find a job soon after I graduate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment