Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Albertus Magnus Women's Tennis

Last year, I joined the Albertus Magnus Women's Tennis team.  I had never played a sport before- I danced for 12 years.  Joining a sport was something I never thought that I would actually do.  I have never really been good at sports but I decided that I wanted to do something to stay in shape and have fun with.  The tennis program is one that is still growing, so I felt that it would be perfect for me- not too challenging & I would get to learn everything.  We got a new coach last year for both the women's and men's team, Coach Bob Migliorini.  Most of the girls on the team last year were unexperienced, like myself.  Although we lost most of our matches last season, we had definitely improved by the end of the season.  This season, we announced that our captain would be senior Na'Tasha Mesidor.  Thus far into the season, we have won 3 matches in total- a total improvement since last year! It's crazy to look around and see how much better we are than last year.  I have even noticed in myself that balls I wouldn't have been able to get last year, I am this year.  Yesterday we played St. Joseph's of Brooklyn at the U.S. Open in Flushing, New York.  It was pretty awesome to play there, especially knowing that tennis pro's such as Venus & Serena Williams have played there.  I played the longest tennis match of my life! 18 sets with a total score of 10-8.  It was such a close match and I was happy that I pulled through and won.  I also played a doubles match with my doubles partner this season, Malika Grant.  We won our doubles match with a total score of 8-5.  If you're interested in playing tennis, or any other sport, you can visit the Albertus Athletic website at athletic.albertus.edu.  Below are some pictures of myself, my doubles partner Malika Grant & my team at a match.




No comments:

Post a Comment