Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Winter Break

I haven't blogged in a while due to working every single day, so let me start off my saying Happy New Year!  With 2013 comes the thought of this being my last semester.  It's weird to think that I'll be graduating in May I feel that the time has flown by here!  I'm going to start two of my master's courses this semester and I'm really nervous to see what they are going to be like.  Someone who took one of the master's courses last semester told me that I have to create a lecture plan for a class and present it and when I heard that my heart dropped!  Presenting/ talking in front of large crowds of people is not my cup of tea but I know I need to get used to it. 
So over this winter break, I really didn't do much except work pretty much every single day at Abercrombie and Fitch.  If you have never worked retail during the holiday season, you're lucky!  It becomes a mad house, especially working in the mall and trying to find parking is even worse.  Luckily, I made it through and my pay checks have been pretty awesome so that I have been able to save up money for books and such for this semester.
One thing that I did over winter break, and that I'll be doing tonight, is attended the Men's Quinnipiac Hockey game with my parents.  My parents have season tickets because my dad loves hockey and my parents had extra tickets for the game.  I went along and had a fun time.  It was nice to be able to spend time with my family because we haven't had an outing like that in a long time.  During the game, it started snowing pretty bad out and by the time we left there was at least 3 inches of snow on the ground and the snow didn't stop until about 1 am the next day.  Quinnipiac University is located in Hamden, CT (my hometown) and is right off Whitney Avenue, a main street in Hamden.  Quinnipiac recently opened up the TD Bank Sports Center which is about 3 minutes away from the main campus.  They opened it up a few years ago and the men's and women's hockey and basketball teams play here.  The stadium is really nice and if you ever get the opportunity to go, you should! 
QU Bobcats Ice Hockey

   
QU TD Bank Sports Arena 



Another thing I did over this winter break was go to NYC to see two of my friends.  I spent one day with one friend and we just hung out and got sushi and the next day I spent the night at my other friends house for her birthday.  That night, we went out to a hookah lounge located in Manhattan called Karizma. Both friends houses I went to, I met from Albertus.  It's really cool being able to visit friends from out of state that you've met at school.  I took the train to NY which is located in New Haven and makes stops throughout CT until you get to NY.  I got to NYC frequently because it is located so close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment