Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

MBA course


 


I have officially started my first MBA course at Albertus and it has been a experience so far.  At Albertus, we do have a Accelerated Degree Program where if you decide later in life that you want to go to college, you can do so.  The program is set up for working adults to attend class once or twice a week.  The classes only last for 8 weeks (hence the "accelerated" part in the name.)  We also have a graduate program at Albertus, set up the same way.  They are 8 weeks each and at an accelerated pace.  I started my first MBA course called "Ethical Issues in Business" about 2 weeks ago.  It is a blended course which means we only meet once a week, but you must post your assignment and forum online to get credit for the second online virtual class.  I'll be honest, the class is definitely not what I thought it would be!  I'm so used to being in the undergraduate program and knowing everyone in my classes, having people to talk to, and knowing the professor.  I walked into the class for the first time and I was so intimidated!  Everyone in the class is significantly older than I am- probably in their 30's-40's.  I also didn't know the professor because she is an adjunct professor so she is not always on campus.  After the first class I was feeling really uneasy about the course.  I wish I had someone in the course that I actually knew, and I felt like I couldn't keep up at the accelerated pace.  We go over 2 chapters each class via Power Point and it's a lot of lecturing.  After meeting with my advisor, he told me to keep the course and that I could push through- it is only 8 weeks!  Today was the third in class meeting we had and I'm feeling better about the course.  I do have to do a 8-10 page paper and a presentation on a case that is in the book we purchased which is due by March 4th so I need to get moving!  It's weird because I thought that this would be my easiest semester, and I feel like it's my hardest one so far!  Even though the class is difficult, this really is testing my time management skills as well as my ability to prioritize and organize.  I just know that by May I'll be ready to walk across the stage and receive my bachelors and by next May, receive my Master's degree.  Hard work really does pay off in the long run, and even though I may be struggling now, having a Master's degree will help me excel so much further in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment