Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Winter Wonder Week


Sorry I haven't been blogging lately!! I've been so busy this week it's been so hectic for me!  I finished all but one of my finals (woohoo) so I've been able to focus on this busy week.  I'm chairing the Winter Wonder formal dance that we put on every year in the Campus Center BCR.  This is one of the bigger events that we have on campus and it's stressful especially for the chair person!  I'm thankful that I have a co-chair on this event, Sharinna who is also an RA and the advertising chair on SGA.  Every year, we have picked a theme and stuck it with and decorate the whole BCR to this particular theme.  In the past years since I've been here, we've done NYC theme, Disney, and Santa's Workshop theme.  This year we have decided to do a classic black and white christmas with certain touches of NYC in there.  It was going to be too hard to just stick to completely black and white themed, so we added some NYC in there to help us find more decorations and what not.  We have a big Christmas closet that we put all of the decorations in- and there is A LOT.  We have a ton of trees as well as blow up figures, signs, cardboard cut outs, ornaments, wreaths, garland and many other items.  We pulled all of these items out of the Christmas closet Sunday night and have been hard at work all week putting together the room to look the best it can be.  Many of the people that are helping set up are all volunteers on SGA or the SGA volunteer committee.  They have been hard at work making sure that everything gets done right and looks great!  The dance is tomorrow night (Friday) and there is still a lot that needs to get done so tonight is going to be a long night but it will all be worth it.  I have helped setting up in the past and I can truly say that even though it's a stressful week and you feel like it's never going to get done, it always does and it looks totally different when you are done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment