Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Getting the dedication you need at Albertus

At Albertus, we offer a variety of Master's programs that undergraduates of the school as well as other students can apply to.  The Business department here at Albertus recently added a program where you can get your MBA with only one additional year of school.  I have decided to do this program- getting my master's in only one year what can be better than that?!  However, while registering for classes I found out that I was supposed to declare my junior year that I wanted to be a part of the program.  When I found out, I was really upset and disappointed; I didn't want to miss out on this opportunity.  I emailed the professor that is the head of this program and met with him today.  What he told me that I need to do is to apply to the grad school program and he would meet with the head of the Business Department and get my schedule figured out.  We figured it out that I would have to add two more classes to my schedule next semester.  These two classes would be considered "module" classes which means that they are 8 weeks each (an accelerated program.)  I take one class for 8 weeks, then another class for 8 weeks so that would take up 1 whole semester.  This will then catch me up to where I need to be.  This is one of the perks of being an Albertus student- I feel like professors are always going out of their way to help you out.  The professor I met with was willing to do whatever it took to get me into this program.  I know that it may be difficult taking on 5 classes plus an additional class next semester but I know that it will be worth it in the end.  It will help me towards my goal of getting my MBA in marketing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment