Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mod 4


 


So I have officially started my second MBA class in Mod 4 at Albertus. The class is called Human Resources in Management.  In this class I'll be learning about ethical dilemmas in the work place such as discrimination, unlawful acts, violence in the work place and compensation.  Because the mods are so much shorter than semester (8 weeks each,) we already chose on the first day what our research papers and presentations would be.  Before the class started, I read through the syllabus and found that I would be doing a 30-45 minute presentation!! We all know how much I love doing presentations (not,) so I emailed the professor and told him my worries.  He was so nice about it and it turns out that because there are so many people in the class, I would only have to do a 15-20 minute presentation!  Even though I still hate presenting, I can handle a 15 minute presentation, especially because I could use videos and other media outsources to present my case.  I have decided to focus on discrimination and how it ties into the work place.  I know many retail stores do discriminate based upon looks, so I know I will be able to found law suits and cases that will support my case.  Once again, I'm the youngest one in the class, making it a little intimidating.  Everyone has real world experience and has a "real" job while I still work at a retail job.  I just have to keep telling myself that it will be worth it in the end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment