Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Getting a "Big Girl" Job

I had my first job interview last Thursday, and honestly it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be!  Of course I dressed professional and brought my resume, cover letter and padfolio (if you don't have one, you should get one!)  The two women who interviewed me were very nice and I was asked some tough questions but I was able to answer them.  I feel that they knew I was a bit nervous, and this kind of helped me because right when I came in they told me that I didn't have to be nervous because it would be a bit informal.  I was called Friday afternoon for a second interview and went yesterday (Monday) for the second interview with the president of the company and the vice president of finance.  I was so nervous but we did the interview and I received a tour around the office.  It was cool getting to see everyone's little cubicle because I had never seen something like that before.  The company is very small, and I feel as  if this would be a good transition for me, considering that Albertus is so small.  Going from a small school to a small company would help me ease into the job better.  They are still interviewing other applicants, so I'll find out soon what the end results will be.  I know regardless of what happens, I will find a job where I can learn and grow and gain experience.  I think being involved so much on campus has definitely helped me as well.  I was actually nominated for Student Leader of the Year and RA of the year, so I will find out if I won those next Monday at the Student Services Awards Ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment