Albertus Blog

Albertus Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Need Creative Ideas?

So I started using the website Pinterest last year out of mere curiosity.  Everyone had kept talking about Pinterest and how amazing it was so I wanted to see what the hype was about and decided to join.  However, because so many people want to have a Pinterest account, you sign up with your email and they get back to you at a later date to "give" you your account- it could take a day or months.  Mine took about a month and a half until I could actually have an account and start pinning.  When I first started, I had no idea what I was doing but after a while, I got the hang of it and I'm obsessed!  It's basically like a Tumblr (from what I hear from people that use both Tumblr and Pinterest) where you re-post pictures that you like.  On Pinterest, you can have different boards for each group of pictures- like I have a board for arts and crafts,  fashion, tattoos, food and drinks and even a resident assistant board.  I've gotten so many fun ideas to try, recipes to attempt and just cool pictures to look at through this website.  It's amazing what people can come up with.  Being an RA, we have to do one social program and one educational program a month.  After a while, coming up with ideas can get hard; you want to do something that's fun, entertaining and that the residents will want to come to.  By "pinning" photos to my resident assistant board, I can keep track of things that I want to do for my social program.  Coming up on February 27th, I'm having my social program which was supposed to be D.I.Y. Sharpie Mugs.  However, when I went to the dollar store to purchase the mugs (hey I'm only working with a maximum of $40 here!), they didn't have any plain white mugs! I was really upset but knew I needed to improvise instead.  I saw small white plates that I figured I could get instead and I also bought some glasses if students want to decorate that instead of the plate.  I also bought various colored Sharpies that will not come off of acrylic of glass once written on so they can decorate it! I hope some residents come down to enjoy themselves and take home a craft as well :)  

DIY sharpie plates





If you're interested in signing up for a Pinterest account, you can follow the link Here

No comments:

Post a Comment